Senin, 07 Maret 2011

Great series

Shack Beach House Novel ebook

Shack Beach House Novel ebook

A quick background: I own an iPad2, Blackberry Playbook, Surface RT, and Kindle Paperwhite. I bought the Nexus 7 32Gb with cellular 4G mainly because I own a Samsung Note 2 smartphone. The Nexus 7 was $299, without 4G it's $250.

I am not going to compare it to any of the others except the iPad2 and iPad Mini. The Surface RT is not a valid comparison. The Surface RT is a productivity device with a full version of Office and a very cool keyboard/mouse combination. The keyboard snaps in and doubles as a cover. My daughter now uses it for school and loves it.

If you own a regular size iPad, the Nexus 7 takes a few days to adjust to. The 7" form factor at first feels small for a tablet. However, once you start using it you begin to appreciate its portability and fantastic screen resolution. Now for the comparison to the iPad Mini.

Pro's:
1. Android 4.2 OS. It is the crem-de-la-crem (IMHO). I like it better than iOS.

2. Quad core processor. For comparison, the iPad Mini is only a dual core.

3. Screen resolution. The Nexus 7 is HD, the Mini is not the Retina (HD) display found on the regular sized iPad.

4. Apps. Very much in line with Apple. I like some of the Android apps over Apple. For example, the Kindle app on Android is far superior to Apple. Apple does not allow you to purchase publication from the Kindle app... inexcusable.

5. Google play for videos and music. It work really well.

6. 1GB DRAM. The Mini only offers 500Mb. The Nexus 7 is a little speed demon!

7. Batter life. 10 hours. Nice.

8. Standard micro USB charging port. The Mini uses Apples proprietary charging port.

9. Price! The iPad Mini, with far inferior specs, is $200 more than the Nexus 7. If you get 4G, the Mini is $250 more than then Nexus! That is difficult to justify.

Con's:
1. No rear facing camera. I NEVER take pictures or videos with a tablet so this is a worthless feature to me.

2. No memory expansion slot. 32Gb provides plenty of space but a built in microSD slot would be nice. The Mini does not offer one either.

3. No HDMI port. You can buy an add-on to hook into a TV if this is important. The Mini also does not offer a built-in HDMI port.

That's it for now. I will update my review after using it for a month or two.

Get your Shack Beach House Novel ebook Now!

7 komentar:

  1. An extremely emotionally rich and satisfying book, a wonderful romance with best friend characters realizing that they are soul mates.

    BalasHapus
  2. What a great story. All three of the Beach House No. 9 books are terrific and, if this is the final in the series, Love Shack is a great way to end a series. Love, laughter, tears, angst, mystery all come together to make a wonderful story.

    BalasHapus
  3. I think that this #3 in the Beach House No. 9 series is, perhaps, the best of all. At the very least, it's equal to #1 and #2 which I also thought were terrific. Ms Ridgway has a winning series going. I don't know if a #4 is in the works. I didn't pick up on a thread that could be expanded into #4, as I did in both #1 and #2. If not, I hope she goes with a new series with the same terrific plots and characters.The Love Shack

    BalasHapus
  4. The Love Shack gives us complex, damaged characters who have to deal with a lot. They are compelling - pulling on your heart strings and making you sigh with both happiness and sorrow (and maybe wanting to thump them on the head a time or two). Full review at BookTrib or RomanticReadsandSuch (dot) wordpress (dot) com

    BalasHapus
  5. I sure there is another book coming soon because I really want to disappear in crescent cove. It's a fairly perfect spot I do think. I really love "sequels" to continue delving into the characters.

    BalasHapus
  6. Wonderful conclusion to a great series. You won't ever regret reading the Beach House 9 series. Think I may have loved this one the best

    BalasHapus
  7. I loved this book. Sad to see this series conclude. Loved all the characters. Loved the mystery mixed with romance. One of my favorite authors.

    BalasHapus