Selasa, 08 Maret 2011

Works great

Rugged Samsung 7 inch Galaxy Models

Rugged Samsung 7 inch Galaxy Models

A quick background: I own an iPad2, Blackberry Playbook, Surface RT, and Kindle Paperwhite. I bought the Nexus 7 32Gb with cellular 4G mainly because I own a Samsung Note 2 smartphone. The Nexus 7 was $299, without 4G it's $250.

I am not going to compare it to any of the others except the iPad2 and iPad Mini. The Surface RT is not a valid comparison. The Surface RT is a productivity device with a full version of Office and a very cool keyboard/mouse combination. The keyboard snaps in and doubles as a cover. My daughter now uses it for school and loves it.

If you own a regular size iPad, the Nexus 7 takes a few days to adjust to. The 7" form factor at first feels small for a tablet. However, once you start using it you begin to appreciate its portability and fantastic screen resolution. Now for the comparison to the iPad Mini.

Pro's:
1. Android 4.2 OS. It is the crem-de-la-crem (IMHO). I like it better than iOS.

2. Quad core processor. For comparison, the iPad Mini is only a dual core.

3. Screen resolution. The Nexus 7 is HD, the Mini is not the Retina (HD) display found on the regular sized iPad.

4. Apps. Very much in line with Apple. I like some of the Android apps over Apple. For example, the Kindle app on Android is far superior to Apple. Apple does not allow you to purchase publication from the Kindle app... inexcusable.

5. Google play for videos and music. It work really well.

6. 1GB DRAM. The Mini only offers 500Mb. The Nexus 7 is a little speed demon!

7. Batter life. 10 hours. Nice.

8. Standard micro USB charging port. The Mini uses Apples proprietary charging port.

9. Price! The iPad Mini, with far inferior specs, is $200 more than the Nexus 7. If you get 4G, the Mini is $250 more than then Nexus! That is difficult to justify.

Con's:
1. No rear facing camera. I NEVER take pictures or videos with a tablet so this is a worthless feature to me.

2. No memory expansion slot. 32Gb provides plenty of space but a built in microSD slot would be nice. The Mini does not offer one either.

3. No HDMI port. You can buy an add-on to hook into a TV if this is important. The Mini also does not offer a built-in HDMI port.

That's it for now. I will update my review after using it for a month or two.

Get your Rugged Samsung 7 inch Galaxy Models Now!

7 komentar:

  1. The description of this is absolutlely accurate. This does add a little bulk to my GT but protection is what I wanted. Its a brilliant design. It does allow for better heat disbursing on the back while greatly protecting the tablet where it gets the most use, all the way arround the edge. Worth every peeny and Im glad I got it. I take my GT to work with me every day and this is great. It gives me a more secure grip on my tablet as I walk up and down stairs and through out the building. I also like that the speaker sound so much better as the case speaker hole seem to aim the sound to the front of the tablet. Best thing about this case, ok 2nd best thing is its made of food grade silicone, no funky smell. awesome, thanks bobj.

    BalasHapus
  2. This case is better then expected. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking. We bought our tablet for our 3 year old grandson and this case fits perfect and protects it well.

    BalasHapus
  3. it fits in all the right places and definitely protects the tablet. It does pick up a lot of dust and dirt though.

    BalasHapus
  4. great cases, we love them, have 3 of them. was exactly what we were looking for in a squishy sided case.

    BalasHapus
  5. I looked at buying the otterbox, but decided it was a little pricey. So I bought the Bobj based on reviews and love it.

    BalasHapus
  6. This is the second Bobjgear I've purchased. They're thick and heavy duty. It definitely adds chunk to the tab, but I like that. These investments need protecting, and this will definitely do that. Onscreen buttons are easily accessible. Power and volume buttons are covered with thin labeled rubber, and it does detract a little from their ease of use. Holes seem to line up well. Installation takes a little doing but it's not what I'd call difficult. I am quite certain this would protect the tab from a hit from any side. I wish it had a snap on top cover or something like the Otterbox has. I may try and make something. For what it is and what it's made to do, I give it 5 stars.

    BalasHapus
  7. I got the black bobjgear rugged silicone cover on January 31, 2013 for my new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7 inch tablet. THE FIT IS PERFECT and it has already proven to be a good purchase since my tablet fell 3 feet to the floor 4 days after I put the case on the tablet. The tablet bounced a few times and was totally fine and undamaged Having this heavy duty silicone case and a screen protector applied to my tablet has protected it from damage, dust and scratches One thing to note is, there is no access hole in the cover for the micro sd slot, but that is really not a problem since I tranfer files on and off of the card over wi-fi. The cover can easily be removed if I ever need to remove the micro sd card in the future, no problem.

    BalasHapus