Rabu, 16 Maret 2011

Simple yet great

SANOXY Female Micro On The Go Adapter

SANOXY Female Micro On The Go Adapter

I have owned cameras in the PowerShot line as well as DSLRs. I purchased this camera to replace an aging PowerShot for everyday use for my family.

The camera as a basic photo box is rather nice. Relative to other point-and-shoot cameras I have owned it is amazing. Relative to my current DSLR tht cost nearly 10x as much it is a bit grainy, but it is on par with my old DSLR from seven years ago. If you just want to point and shoot it does a great job of that.

The camera is in the SX family meaning extended zoom, which it does very well. It has a maximum zoom of 500mm equivalent @ f/6.8. That is a pretty reasonable f-stop at deep zoom, especially when comparing the costs. For comparison, the off-brand Sigma DSLR lens for Canon cameras that reaches 500mm @ f/6.3 costs just over $1000, or much more for on-brand lenses.The picture quality isn't as good as my $3500 DSLR+Lens setup for deep telephoto, but the results are still more than adequate for using on the web professionally.

The camera is full featured. The GPS and auto-tagging is nice for camping and backpacking, or whatever form of travel you are in to. My teens love some of the features like auto-detecting when everyone is smiling and automatically taking a picture, the wink-to-self-timer, and the miniatures mode. Sunsets and flowers look incredible when 'extra vivid' is turned on. It is a good thing it includes all those features because it doesn't have raw data files, which is something I am used to with my DSLRs.

Now the down side.

Canon chose a tiny battery to fit in the tiny case. From an aesthetic viewpoint this makes sense. They want it small, lightweight, travel size. They want it to fit in a pocket.

However, considering the primary use as a travel and camping camera this makes much less sense. Yes, the camera must be conveniently small, but not by sacrificing usability. Recording video goes from a fully charged fresh battery to the camera powering off in about 30 minutes. Leaving the camera on while you walk a trail and take photos gives you slightly more than one hour of battery life.

If you are going camping or backpacking or traveling without a battery charger, plan on going through at least one battery pack per day, possibly more. The battery packs are not very expensive (relatively) which is a good thing because you'll need them.

Get your SANOXY Female Micro On The Go Adapter Now!

4 komentar:

  1. I bought a case for my kindle fire which included a keyboard that connects via a usb cable. My kindle does not have a usb port. is there a way that i can do at home to connect a cable for a kindle fire to the usb cable that is already connected to the case?

    BalasHapus
  2. Ok so ive read alot about the nexus 7. But im still a little hesitant about buying because of the storage.Being a gamer i'm going to download alot of hd games and movies so frankly 16 gb just isn't enough for me... I've seen quite a few postes on this topic and even though i didn't really understand much about the usb -otg support and mhaslh and Fat 32 support and blah blah i just want to know if anyone has a proper solution to the problem because if i consider the usb-otg support then i read that there can be a few problems playing media files, .apk files as no one has actually tessted this out properly and i don't want a usb dangling out from my tablet at all times so i was thinking of some other ways to solve my problem such as Airdroid or something else but the only problem with Airdroid is that when i'm not at home then i won't be able to access .apc files or any other type of files that i'v stored on my computer to wirelessly stream onto my devise.i hope someone has a decent solution to my problem.thanks guys

    BalasHapus
  3. I've looked all over to an adapter to plug a USB device into my Samsung Infuse because I want to use my Logitech Wireless Headset H600. I found this but I don't know if it is what I need? http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Micro-Male-Female-Adapter/dp/B0027YYMU6

    BalasHapus
  4. I need this http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Female-On-The-Go-Adapter-Samsung/dp/B005GI2VMG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355583345&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=micro+usb+to+triple+female+usb But i need three female usbs on the end. Does anyone know?

    BalasHapus